Friday, April 15, 2011

contentment.

Life has been very up and down lately.... okay you got me, more so down. I do not feel like it is appropriate for me to write about why, so we'll just leave it at: life has been hard lately. However, although it has been one of most challenging times in my life, it has also been one of the most exciting. I am getting ready to graduate from college.... which is stressful, exciting, overwhelming, scary, wonderful. etc. Throughout the last 2 weeks though, it has been hard for me to feel happy, which I hate. But something that I have been thinking about is that although I might not feel happy.... I have learned to be content.

"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." - Philippians 4:11

I read the most inspiring blog yesterday. It talked about joy and how just as we choose to be content, we choose to be joyful. Choosing contentment also means choosing to be joyful, but we are only as joyful as we choose to be. I loved this because it makes us realize that even though we may be going through challenges and storms in life, ones where we might not necessarily feel "happy," we can still choose to be joyful because we know that God is in control. It is easy to be joyful during the times when everything is going good in our lives, but it is much more challenging to feel that joy when life is hard. Joy will stay with us through the good times and the bad times as long as we continue to trust in God's plan for our life.

So that is what I am choosing to do right now,
Continuing to learn to be content.
Choosing to be content.
Choosing to be joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment