Monday, August 6, 2012

chicken fried rice, right?

wrong.

cauliflower rice.

yes, I said cauliflower.

I was inspired by urbanposer.blogspot.com. See, I love rice... but rice is one of the many foods on the Candida diet that is ify. For every source you find that says it's a-okay, you find 5 more that say it isn't. So sadly, I am avoiding it. So when I first saw this idea for cauliflower fried rice I was instantly intrigued. I threw some together today in about 15 minutes and although I would like to polish the recipe and add some more things next time, I was DELIGHTED with how it turned out. It was very satisfying and not full of starches/carbs like normal fried rice would be... and it's candida friendly :)



Here's what I used:

2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos (Similar to soy sauce, but gluten free and Candida friendly)
2 cups Grated Cauliflower
3 oz Ground Free Range Chicken Breast
1/2 Zucchini
3 Green Onions
1/4 cup Broccoli Slaw w/ Carrots
1 Organic Egg
Sea Salt
Pepper


That's it! Super simple. I just lightly sauteed the Chicken and Vegetables first. Then in a separate pan began to fry the cauliflower and the egg together. Then I combined all of it and added the Bragg Liquid Aminos and continued to sauté, (or fry, if you will). It made 2 servings. Next time I might add some garlic, ginger, snow peas. You could easily add whatever vegetables you have on hand or even shrimp or pork if you prefer that to chicken. It was easy, light, delicious and didn't taste overly greasy like fried rice sometimes can.

Candida cooking can be delicious.... thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment