Sunday, June 20, 2010

be free

It's been a week since things fizzled out with a guy I was sort of dating? Regardless of what we were, I was pretty bummed because 2 months of my life we're invested in it. I don't want to say that it was a waste of time because, well it wasn't... I really did like the guy, but we all live and learn, right? However, I am someone that opens and gives my heart to people, not just guys, very freely. As much as I like people, I am also someone that likes to be alone.... (so if I make the time to hang out with you I must really like you!) Besides investing my heart in things, sometimes I think I may actually be too trusting, too forgiving, too hopeful... but is there such a thing? I don't know. I think in the past it has gotten me in trouble, it has set me up for some heartbreaks, and has left me feeling sad and empty. Yet, I continue to trust people I maybe shouldn't, forgive endlessly, and place hope in things perhaps I shouldn't. But I honestly don't think I'd like to do it any other way.

Well today I placed a lot of hope and trust in someone who rarely let's me down.... but long story short, I was pretty let down. I was left having a pity party for myself and feeling like I just couldn't deal with it today. So I ended up going to one of my 2 favorite places in Tucson, Agua Caliente Park. This park is so full of meaning for me. From girl scout activities, to feeding ducks with my best friend, to sitting in my first boyfriend's truck in the parking lot, to dog adventures..... this park sure holds lots of dear memories. It is also where I go to escape, to think, to let go and be free.

As I was sitting on a bench, I overheard two women talking. One of them said, " Ya know, I think this is a very spiritual place," and the other woman replied, "Yeah, and I think it really brings out the best in people." It made my day. I went there because I was feeling upset and alone and as I was sitting there I just felt like the best version of myself. I realized that I can continue to trust and love and forgive with no regrets or bounds, but inevitably people are going to let me down, let us down. The only one who is never going to let me down is my God. So whether or not these woman were talking about "spiritual" in well, whatever way they meant it, today it did become a spiritual place for me. A place where I could sit and be content in my aloneness, in my singleness, in my emotions and just be thankful knowing that the Lord is right there by my side.....

It is a place where I can just Be Free.
Do you have a place like this? That brings out the best in you? That makes you feel alive? I sure hope so. We all deserve one : ]



No comments:

Post a Comment